Monday, October 5, 2009

towards adventure

Well, we seem to have bought a house. Two houses actually, on one lot in Hawthorne, CA. With a couple of garages in between. And some yard space to boot. We'll be living in the back unit (2 bed), and renting out the front unit (3 bed). We'll most likely be moving in within the month.

Speaking only for myself, I'm a little stunned that this is happening. Being a homeowner doesn't yet fit into my sense of self. Which is not to say that I lack optimism or confidence, but it is to say that I'm out of practice. I'll have to get my hands dirty a lot more often, I expect, and overall I think that's a good thing.

In any case we've got tons of ideas for the place, and we're really excited about it. So here's to experimental homeownership: we are confident that we can make it work, that we can build a home, that by investing this place with our love, we can improve both it and ourselves.

So let's explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment