Saturday, October 24, 2009

taking over

Well I fixed the broken sprinkler in our yard, it turned out to be pretty easy since I was able to simply unscrew the broken section. So I didn't need to do any PVC joinery (this time.) I also moved all the concrete scallops out of the garage, in order to organize things so that we can use the door when cars are in there. Annie and I installed some towel racks in the bathroom and put together a shoe rack. I replaced the shower head.

We're slowly taking over control of the place, it seems. More and more of the little house decisions are ours now instead of someone else's. That feels good. We have a long long way to go before we take over everything, but for now it's nice that we've made a few mental leaps: when things break, we fix them, when we don't like something we change it, and when something's in the wrong place, we move it.

Tomorrow, shelves, and maybe some more outdoor work.

No comments:

Post a Comment