Tuesday, December 15, 2009

light fixtures

We finished our interior light fixtures over the weekend. The florescent overhead light in the kitchen in particular had been grating on me. It made this terrible buzzing sound, and the light was too blue. We took it down and we had to paint the ceiling that had been obstructed by it. We put it in a 3-bulb fixture and we bought some of those miniature 100W replacement CFLs (the ones that use 23 watts each) to put in it. It's really bright and it looks much much better.

So now we've replaced most of the interior fixtures, and everything looks the way we want it to. By the time I did the last one, I was feeling pretty competent at it. Too bad I won't get to use those skills again for a few years. I guess that's how it goes though!

No comments:

Post a Comment